Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Mishmash

So the past two weeks I've spent working on a lot of projects. My computer fried and I lost all of my work from the past four years so I've been scrambling to make up for what I lost. I was only able to retrieve about 1/5 of the files that were lost in my reformat, but oh well. Life goes on.

One little project I had worked on was making the grid into a globe. Needless to say, most people have said that GlobeGrid looks pretty messy. The reason it looks like this is because, well, I'm sure if everyone in the world could have their own island they would. Most people who have purchased their own sims, don't want them connected to people they don't know. It just doesn't make a planet look that great, though I can understand now why LL loves their continents, even though they're a hideous place to rent in. I did ponder about renting some land in Old Jessie, though.. just because it's awesome.


For one, there's been a lot of bitching and moaning about the BNT roads, to the point that I wonder why I even worked on them. People are such babies, and hold personal vendettas that I had no hand in- which seem more prejudice than anything else. I work my ass off doing the things I do, because I enjoy doing them and for little to no compensation. I let myself get walked all over. Regardless, I will continue working like I have, and if someone wants to launch their inner demons at me, crying about something and turning their back so they can whine like a baby to someone else, I will make your fears about me come true. I'm not afraid. I'm not powerful. I have nothing but good intentions- but I can teach you a lesson if you deserve it. Try me.
Working on boxing and revamping the roads regardless. :)

I got a comission done for some extra cash as well. Met my deadline. Even got paid extra! Thank you Smitters.

At the moment I've put some focus into the new office for Surreal. Keno made a sim title for the headquarters to cover the tierboxes, and I've been working on making it so you can see the tier boxes beneath the office, and on top of that, include some sort of map on a wall where the renters can find their tierbox easily. Joker has been expressing interest in helping out again which, I couldn't be happier. I enjoy working with joker.



Some other projects I've been working on, are the new Biomech gun update. Garion's done a GREAT job scripting it. I wasn't even expecting it but now I'm going to have to remodel it. I'm happy to be finally getting a weapon out, however. Also need to work on the undersuits for Ordo, but I lost my old .PSD files when my reformat wiped everything. I'll have to start over, but I figure I could do better with it now than from a year ago. Also hopefully some new texture jobs in the future.

Things have been rough the past month, but I have a lot of great friends helping me through. Regardless, that's the most of the past several days of work. I'm hoping to be able to get some more art up on my FA, but we'll see how that goes..


No comments:

Post a Comment